The Uttar Pradesh Public Service Commission (UPPSC) is a constitutional body established under Article 315 of the Constitution of India. It is an independent body responsible for the recruitment of candidates to various government posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh.
The UPPSC conducts a number of examinations throughout the year, including the Uttar Pradesh State Civil Services Examination (UPPSC PCS), the Uttar Pradesh State Subordinate Services Examination (UPSSSC), and the Uttar Pradesh Judicial Services Examination (UPJSE).
The UPPSC PCS is a competitive examination that is conducted for the recruitment of candidates to various posts in the state of Uttar Pradesh. The exam is divided into three stages: the Preliminary Examination, the Main Examination, and the Interview.
The UPPSC PCS application form is available online on the official website of the UPPSC. Candidates can apply for the exam by creating an account on the website and then filling out the application form. The application form will require candidates to provide their personal information, educational qualifications, and other relevant details.
The application fee for the UPPSC PCS is ₹1000 for general category candidates, ₹500 for OBC category candidates, and ₹250 for SC/ST category candidates.
The last date to apply for the UPPSC PCS 2024 is expected to be announced in the notification.
Here are the steps on how to apply for the UPPSC PCS 2024:
- Visit the official website of the UPPSC (https://uppsc.up.nic.in/).
- Click on the “Online Application” link.
- Create an account and log in.
- Fill out the application form and submit it.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Notification release date: Expected in January-March 2024
- Application start date: Expected in February-April 2024
- Application end date: Expected in March-May 2024
- Preliminary exam date: Expected in June-July 2024
- Main exam date: Expected in September-October 2024
- Interview date: Expected in November-December 2024
To be eligible for the UPPSC PCS 2024, candidates must:
- Be a citizen of India.
- Possess a bachelor’s degree in any discipline from a recognized university.
- Be between the ages of 21 and 37 years as on August 1, 2024. There is an upper age relaxation of 3 years for OBC candidates, 5 years for SC/ST candidates, and 5 years for female candidates.
The UPPSC PCS 2024 will consist of three stages:
- Preliminary Examination: Objective type questions on General Science, Current Affairs, History, Geography, Polity, and Economy.
- Main Examination: Subjective type questions on General Studies, Hindi, and one optional subject.
- Interview: Personal interview with the selection committee.
Tips for Preparation
Here are some tips for preparing for the UPPSC PCS 2024:
- Start your preparation early.
- Follow a comprehensive study plan.
- Use good quality study materials.
- Practice solving previous year’s question papers.
- Take regular mock tests.
The UPPSC PCS is a competitive exam, but it is possible to crack it with hard work and dedication. Follow the tips above to prepare for the exam and increase your chances of success.